- About us
- Contact us
- Editor guide (DE)
- Editor guide (UK)
- Editor guide (US)
- Non-disclosure agreement
- Online proofreading and copy-editing services
- Online proofreading services tour
- Word count tool
- Wordy for editors
- Landing pages
- Academic proofreading
- Academic proofreading
for ResearchGate users
- Book and manuscript
proofreading by Wordy
- Book editing
by first language editors
- Business editing
- Copy-editing rates
- Copy-editing services
- Dissertation proofreading service
- Editing and proofreading services
- Essay proofreader
- Essay proofreading
- Expert English proofreading
- Expert proofreading
for everything you write
- Freelance copy-editing
- Google Docs proofreading
- Legal proofreading services
- Medical proofreading
- Online proofreader
- Online proofreading
- Professional copy-editing
- Professional proofreading
- Proofreader online
- Proofreading and copy-editing
- Proofreading economics
- Proofreading London
- Proofreading of applications
- Proofreading online
- Proofreading services
- Proofreading website
- Quick proofreading
- Thesis proofreading
- Website proofreading
Posts by category
- Category: Writer's workshop
- Category: Academic writing
- Category: Business writing
- Category: Government writing
- Category: Personal writing
- Category: Web writing
- Category: Writing basics
- Get to the point
- Acronyms and initialisms
- Why do you need to hire a professional proofreading service?
- What to expect from a professional proofreading service
- How to find a reliable proofreading service
- Best practice content writing
- Winning writing strategies
- Writing tips, exercises and techniques
- Writing composition techniques
- Writing a paragraph
- Basic English communication skills
- Basics of English Grammar
- Tips for academic scientific writing
- How to write a great summary
- How to improve your English writing skills
- Basic English punctuation
- Basic English parts of speech
- English writing techniques
- What is academic writing?
- Writing academic reports
- Online editing: How does it work?
- Tips on writing academic English
- Insider’s guide to technical writing
- What skills are required for academic writing?
- Steps and tips for completing an academic assignment
- How to write your thesis
- How to write an academic research paper
- Writing an academic journal article
- Introduction to government writing
- Commonly confused words
- Writing for a blog
- What happens during editing?
- Writing for a website
- How to be creative in writing
- Formatting a book manuscript
- Business plan template
- Business proposals – writing, templates and formats
- Effective business communication
- Write great cover letters
- English writing exercises
- Basic English sentence structure
- Writing for accessibility and usability
- Writing for the web
- Technical writing
- Writing an academic dissertation
- How to write an academic essay
- Writing a book
- Writing a great resume
- How to write a business letter – with samples
- Writing a letter
- Writing an academic personal statement
- Proofreading marks and symbols
- Effective government communication
- English (UK) grammar exercises
- How to write a business plan
- Write a great CV
- Writing a novel
- When do I use semicolons instead of commas?
- Reducing wordiness in your writing
- How to edit PDFs
- Proofreading, editing and rewriting
- Who or whom?
- What dash to use?
- What is a dangling modifier?
- What is a preposition?
- What is an adjective?
- What is an adverb?
- What is an Oxford comma?
- Writing an academic report
- How do I start using Wordy?
- What does editing involve?
- What does rewriting involve?
- Which languages do you edit?
- How do you edit Microsoft PowerPoint files?
- How can I view the changes in a Microsoft PowerPoint file?
- How can I track the spending on my account?
- How do I get a receipt and/or invoice for a payment?
- Can you issue me a receipt for your service?
- On the payment screen, I get the error message: ‘The payment was unsuccessful.’ What should I do?
- I have a promo code, how do I apply it?
- Can I choose a specific editor for my job?
- Why am I seeing different currencies on the ordering page?
- My company is registered for EU VAT. Does your pricing include VAT?
- How do I update my credit card information?
- I updated my company profile, but when I click on the invoice it doesn't show the new information. How long does it take for the invoice to be updated?
- How do I add an editor team and a house style to my account?
- Can I buy pre-paid credits to pay for jobs in advance?
- Do you offer a discount for larger jobs?
- If I applied for an editor position using US English and did not pass the screen test, am I eligible to apply for a UK English position?
- How do I see the revisions for my text/txt job?
- How do you find your editors?
- Is there a minimum order size/number of words per job?
- Why is my price per word higher than the one shown on your pricing page?
- Wrong word count? According to my spell check my article contains 417 words, which is 21 words less than what your system counted.
- How do you count the number of words for charging? I have a document that has many 'screenshots', which are actually copy/pasted text output from a software program. These do not need any proofreading, but I think they make up ~4000 words in my paper according to MS Word.
- How is a page defined?
- Do you respect the confidentiality of the documents I send?
- Do you keep legal issues/documents confidential?
- How secure is my content?
- How does the non-disclosure agreement work? is there a document that needs to be signed by both parties?
- How much does Wordy pay proofreaders and copy-editors? Do you use freelancers or staff?
- Do you charge VAT?
- How much does the rewrite option cost?
- Do you have to buy a plan?
- Can you send a receipt showing the amount of tax paid?
- Is the price based on the original or edited document?
- If I buy credits, how long are they valid for?
- How can I get a quote to find out how much your service is?
- Can we get monthly invoices and how does it work?
- Is it mandatory for editors to be a native speaker of English?
- As an editor, how do I process Google jobs and documents?
- When registering as an editor is it possible to retake the multi-choice test if you fail it the first time round or is that it?
- If I worked for Wordy, would there be any contractual arrangement, or is it all done on an ad-hoc basis?
- I completed an application last week to become a Wordy editor, but have not yet received any confirmation. Did I, perhaps, overlook an admission step or is that sort of information still forthcoming
- Do I need to have a registered company to sign up as an editor?
- My company is based in Switzerland − why can't I enter my VAT number?
- I just failed your online test and would love to know what I got wrong as I've been writing and editing professionally for more than 25 years.
- How do I know if I passed the tests and when I can start? Does it take a long time to be hired?
- Do you have an open job position for a sales person?
- Could I have my two accounts combined?
- Do you offer 24x7 customer service?
- For some customers, you support their marketing departments. What kind of texts do you edit?
- Is your service widely used? How many customers do you have?
- Is there an additional cost to using more editors for a document?
- What if my paper is already quite decent and the editor only finds a few or no errors? Will I get compensation?
- What will you do if I send my document to you?
- Can I see jobs posted by other users of my account?
- Do the editors work from home or in an office?
- Do editors work on a freelance basis for Wordy?
- How many proofreaders do you have? We have a lot of projects and the team size matters to us.
- Do your proofreaders specialise in different areas, such as business or academia?
- Are all your editors native English speakers?
- Is it possible to browse editor profiles?
- How can I delete my editor team and get back to normal?
- How many editors do you have? Can I have the same editor every order?
- What kinds of academic editing services do you offer? Do you do language editing and scientific editing?
- Can I talk to the editor by phone?
- Where is my editor located?
- Will an economist edit my job on economics? Will it be the same person every time? Will they check my economics or just my English?
- Is a re-edit done by the same editor?
- I clicked on re-edit by mistake. What happens now?
- Can I communicate with the editor during the proofreading? I might have comments or questions regarding certain terms and expressions.
- The editor is not answering my messages.
- I am not happy with the returned document. What should I do now?
- Is there a way I can upload our house style guide?
- Are you able to re-organise and re-format a text document?
- Do you return two versions of a Word document - a clean one and one where I can see my mistakes?
- What is your code of ethics?
- Do you check references?
- Do you check for plagiarism?
- Will you guys rewrite a sentence if you find an error or just correct the basic spelling and grammar problems?
- Do you support multi-iterations?
- When I get something edited, do I see tracked changes?
- Is the time estimated for delivery the time I will get the document back, or the time the document will be delivered to the editor?
- How do I share my account with others?
- Why hasn't my job been picked up by an editor yet?
- How do I contact my editor?
- How can I use the words in a plan?
- What file formats does Wordy support?
- Is all work done by real people?
- Can I upload multiple files?
- What should I write in my brief to the editor?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- Are my name and my company's name printed on the invoices?
- Do I have to pay VAT?
- Can I get a refund of unused credit in my account?
- Do you offer a money-back guarantee or refund?
- How do I edit my credit card information?
- How long does it normally take until a job is allocated to an editor?
- Can I set a deadline?
- Do you guarantee the return time?
- What happens if I deactivate my account?